Columbia LPCB 35030
This first career album by Zezé Gonzaga has been premiered thanks to Edson Mendes in another parallel reality back i 2009.
Here it is again, together with Edson‘s text about the relese, which goes as follows:
” This is her very first 10” LP, in fact a selection of some of her previous 78 rpm’s releases at Columbia.
Zezé is considered one of the greatest Brazilian singers, a kind of singer of singers – or singer of maestros (she was the preferred one from the great Radamés Gnatalli).
Her brilliant career started at the late forties and continued until the last year, when unfortunately she died at the age of 81.”
The tracks are:
1. Nunca, jamais (Lalo Guerrero – v. Nelson Ferreira)
2. Linda flor (Ai Yoyô) (Henrique Vogeler – Luiz Peixoto – Marques Porto)
3. Uma noite na Praça Paris (Haroldo de Almeida)
4. Os “zóio” do peixe (Yvone Rabello)
5. Amando em Paris (Bruno Marnet)
6. Moreno que desejo (Bruno Marnet)
7. Depois de tantos anos (Benny Wolkoff – v. Othon Russo)
8. Arrivederci Roma (R. Rascel – Garinei – Giovannini – v. Julio Nagib)
Creditos: Edson Mendes